Bare Bridge

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:59:36 EDT

You probably came across a Permalon lubricant.  It is invisible and works
great.  It is the same as the green "Emralon" you see on some brands jack
tenders and reps.  This stuff is translucent.

Ed Tomlinson

<< Today I tuned an August Forster, 6 month old grand, model 170 (5'7"). Nice
 piano, nice tone, nothing unusual except..tada..a bare bridge, no graphite,
 no kind of lubrication that I could see. Beautiful piece of wood, startling
 in contrast to what I usually see on bridges. This piano tuned up very
 nicely and easily. My question is do any of you know if there is a
 lubricant, obviously invisible, on the bridge. And if there isn't, then why
 do most other manufacturers put something there?

 Gina >>