Yamaha LU-90 ...and other indonesian attrocities

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:44:26 EDT

No piano parts on Yamaha's made in USA are made in CHINA.  NONE!  I have
never found a USA made piano that sounded like a "tin can" either.  Yamaha
hammers are dense and very easy to voice if one finds it necessary.  Where
did you get your info on Yamaha action parts made in China?  Yamaha owns
Yamaha Pearl River in China, formerly Pearl River, but they do not say Yamaha
on these pianos.  They are what the are, a low end piano.

Ed Tomlinson

<< Hi Elian,
               We have not encountered the same problems with the US built
 units, just zero voicing and sounding like a tin can. Steaming the hammers
 takes about 10 to 15 min. And it is a nice instrument for the money, after
 they have been prepped.
   Action parts are now being mfg. in China, so you can expect another swing
 in QC, but knowing Yamaha they will sort it out in short order.
 Regards Roger >>