Player Piano Basics

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:47:26 -0400

Agilreath@mindspring.com
706 629-3063
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
David Pritchard
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 12:22 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Player Piano Basics

I'm a fairly new technician and I have a client who
recently purchased a "Mastertone" player piano,
#23610.  I've never done any repair on players and
need advice.  I suspect air is escaping from hoses
and/or connections, because you must put the tempo on
presto and pump the pedals as hard and fast as
possible to get any sound at all.  Please advise me
what I should check for and how to fix the obvious
problems that come to mind first.

Thank you,

David Pritchard
Scottsbluff, NE

=====

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.