Warped grand piano lid

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:40:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/99 11:55:47 AM !!!First Boot!!!, rchayden1@juno.com
writes:

<< Our labor is not cheap.  Or, it shouldn't be.  This warped lid sounds
 like a time clock sink hole. A  sow's ear. An unfair war to take a
 client's cash.   Better to use it for a foot warmer on a cold winter's
 night.  Burn it.  Use the rim of the piano to make a new pattern and send
 for a replacement.  Get a good refinisher to match it.  And concentrate
 on the stuff you like to do, the things you're good at.

 Roger Hayden, RPT >>

Sorry Roger, I can't agree with you on this. No mention was made on the
limits of how much this is going to cost. Presumably, Richard will get fair
compensation. But more importantly, he mentioned that the veneer had an
unusual grain pattern. This is something that will be very difficult to
match. It is worth trying to make the repair. If it doesn't work, the
customer can make a judgment call, to either live with the problem, or
replace it. But this is a decision we should not make.

Willem Blees.