Down-striking discovery and up-striking pianist

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:03:40 -0700

At 08:17 AM 09/30/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Clark,
>At 08:54 9/30/99 -0200, you wrote:
>>My post about Robert Wornum activated my down-striking receptors today;
>>I already knew that drop-action spinets (in this case, WurliTzer) would
>>play upside-down,
>

>Dare I ask how you acquired this knowledge about WurliTeazer?  Were you
>rolling it end over end instead of using a dolly, and stop to play a tune??
> ;-}

Interesting picture Conrad painted:
Wurli-T-zer on head, pianist reaching under keys, striking up?
Pianist lying on back, reaching up, hoping WurliTzer doesn't decide to roll
over on same, as WurliTzer is poised on its narrow lid?

Susan