Penisten Wippen Repair Pin

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:57:59 -0500

>...Were you aware that Peniston (the man that invented that little part) was a
>piano tuner there in your city of Shawnee?
>
>Steven Lewis

Yes, Steven.  Met him once long ago at his home.  He became blind in his
early twenties and decided to go into the piano business.  My understanding
is that there are other items he invented as well.  There are pianos still
in service at some locations in the university community that he restrung.
He was also into key recovery...had the Olsund equipment.

How is it that you knew he was from Shawnee?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild