Bird calls

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:34:24 -0600

I'll see your eagle, red tailed hawk, doves and osprey, and raise you an owl.

The day we moved the last box to our present home, I stepped outside in the
early evening to get some air and try to keep the joints from seizing up.
As I hobbled about on the porch admiring the evening, a great horned owl at
least as big as a Cessna dropped out of one of our pine trees and sailed
across the porch between me and the corner post in absolute silence! If I
had held out a hand I could have touched a wing tip. A thoroughly
wonderful, if spooky welcome to the neighborhood.
Ron N