The birds, the cat and the flies

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 06:20:23 -0500

OK, one more then I promise back to pianos.

Our apt. overlooks a pond and every spring an Osprey comes by to fish for a
week or two.  Canadian geese also hang out along with their goslings.
So.... one day the about six adult geese with their goslings are hanging out
and the Osprey comes by to fish.  The Osprey dives on a fish real close to
the goslings and the six adult geese pin the Osprey under water and wail on
it big time with their beaks.  Water and feathers are flying all over the
place.  The geese all back up and up from the water rises the Osprey looking
"like a jig saw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone".  There were feathers
hanging of this bird in every direction.  It managed to fly off but very
slowly and shakey.
I got in my canoe to go retrieve what I thought would be Osprey feathers but
they ended up being goose feathers.

Doug Mahard