Palm Pilots

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 11:24:40 -0700

Allen,

Thanks for post...I also am using Outlook for my PIM.  How do you keep track
of pianos, service etc. in it?  One of the peeves I have is I apparently
can't print out the calendar with any customer info such as addresses unless
I re-type it in while making an appointment.  I realize my Palm can have
such info but I'm still learning to use this stuff.

Any help on how you use Outlook for you business would be appreciated.

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Hayley Gilreath
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2000 7:21 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Palm Pilots

David,

I'm looking into adding something like this to use in addition to my
notebook.  So far, I've been very impressed with the spec on the Compaq Aero
which runs Windows CE and has its own version of office built in.  At this
moment I'm weighing the pros and cons of each to decide which would be the
best route.  Since I already have my information in Microsoft Outlook, this
may be the best route for me.

In fact, I've been toying with the idea of equipping each member of the
technical and service staff with one.  This way, notes, quotes and contact
information would be easily accessible to everybody.  Price lists wouldn't
be getting mislaid all the time.  Calendars would be immediately accessible
and pieces of paper wouldn't be so easily lost.  Feel free to check it out
at: http://www.compaq.com/products/handhelds/1500/index.html

My wife, who teaches school, is even excited about the potential.  Keeping
her lesson plans, gradebook, parent contact information, to-do list and
everything else in her pocket would give her quite an advantage.

Just a few musings,

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - PTG Annual Institute
July 5-9, 2000 - Arlington, VA
agilreath@mindspring.com