Bass Bridges

Ed Carwithen edwithen@oregontrail.net
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:05:00 -0700

I have to replace a Bass bridge on a baldwin spinet.  I managed to get the
old one off, and sent it to Schaff to have it duplicated.  It should be
back any day now.

  When I got it off, it had been glued to the soundboard, and a small
amount of wood came off with it.  When I put it back, how much fill should
I put into the damaged area of the soundboard IF ANY?
  Should I glue it to the sound board as it was previously, or should I
just use the screws that go through the soundboard by themselves to hold it
in place until I can reposition the bass strings.

  I have replaced a couple of bass bridges before, and they had not been
glued to the soundboard.  I was suprised when this one was done so.

  Any words of wisdom would be most welcome.

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR