Bass Bridges

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:57:35 -0400

Hi Joe,

You could be absolutely correct on this particular piano.  I've seen so many
different kinds & styles & name brands, that I can't keep any of the
particulars straight.  Some people have a memory for this stuff that goes
way beyond me.

Usually, when I'm working on these little beasts, I'll lay them back onto a
tilter to work on them.  So it wouldn't be too hard to lay a half dozen
boxes of tuning pins on the little bugger or stick in a go bar of some sort
to hold it down while I drill a hole or two from the bottom, or umm back...
(between naps) <grin, chuckle, grin>

Seriously, though,... something I learned to do a while back is to dry fit
everything first.  If there's going to be screws coming up from the bottom
or in from the back, I will put them in dry, knowing full well that if I
don't, the glue will be setting up while I'm looking for the #2 phillips
screwdriver instead of the flathead...etc, etc...

Aren't bridges fun??  :-)

Brian T.