Cline

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 07:27:52 -0400

At 4:40 PM -0800 3/27/00, Patricia Neely wrote:
>Patrick    that bring me to another question  I have always thought it
>imposible to give a estimate without a tuning lots of times I'm ask for one
>with out it inless it is obviously bad like bridges rust soundboard etc.  I
>will tell them without a tuning I can not be sure.  From what I gather from
>you are you sayng don't give one without a tuning period.  Pat Thanks

I learned alot from an eye doctor once. I went in with an irritation in my
eye, some sort of foreign spicule. He went through twenty minutes of
thorough eye exam before lifting the little mite out with the corner of a
kleenex.....all of 15 secs. The eye examination had nothing to do with my
eye's irritant. But it was the basic level of service he was providing. (15
sec. of levitation wasn't on his list.) But once up at that basic level, he
knew everything about my eyeballs, and could tell me what he wanted me to
know about them. Valuable to me I suppose. But more valuable to him,
certainly. How does he charge for 15 sec. of levitation?

Seriously though, there is no better way to get to know a piano, and the
customer is looking for an informed report. Right?

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"I'll play it and tell you what it is later...."
    ...........Miles Davis