ball fitting for hammer

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:12:26 PDT

Hi all,

I just bought a wood ball for my tuning hammer. it's about the size of a
rubber hand-ball. I got it at the local hardware store, along with a 1 1/5"
routing bit for my drill. I hollowed out the ball to about the half way
point, then tapped it onto the end of my tuning hammer handle, where it fits
very snuggly. WOW! What an amazing diference! I no longer need a glove, or
padded handle; it's almost like a "shifting" knob like the one on my Jetta 5
speed! Try shifting WITHOUT that knob...! Anyway, it's a great improvement
and will take a lot of stress off my hand and fingers.

Terry