Piano Tilter Design Features

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 17:06:18 -0400

My client base is growing, but not at a rate which keeps pace with my
need (want) for new tools and gear.  One of the items I could really use
is a decent shop tilter (I guess I'd better say piano tilter here, or
you guys will have me tilting my shop :-) ).  My favorite shop teacher
is retiring at the end of the school year and has offered to fabricate
the metal parts gratis.  I have adequate facilities, materials (seasoned
oak), and skill to build the rest.  I could build one using catalog
photos as reference, but I'm sure there are those out there who can
recommend some features they wish they had on theirs (I built a killer
dolly with retractable outriggers for more stable transport).  I always
have a pickup truck, so occasional use out of the shop could occur.
Maybe there are some existing drawings out there.  As always, I
appreciate your advice.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee - where Steinway is merely a legend...........