Pitch at breaking points

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:52:45 -0600

Not only that, but encyclopedias are frequently incorrect.  As an
example, if you have Encarta 2000, try looking under piano and check out
what they say the functions of the pedals are on a grand piano.  (Maybe I
have been wrong all these years about this - NOT)

John R. Fortiner

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 23:08:52 -0500 Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
writes:
> >I now have all knowledge at my disposal:
> >I have a dictionary,
> >an encyclopedia,
> >and a teenager.
> >
> >John R. Fortiner
>
> Yea John, but the stuff mutates. New slang is continually added to
> the
> dictionary as once common words become archaic. Encyclopedias become
> less
> and less detailed and more and more useless with each revision as
> they do
> less justice to more topics, and teenagers are already mutants that
> never
> think the same way two days in a row. My policy is to keep the
> dictionary,
> throw out the encyclopedia and try to convince the teenager(s) to
> move out.
> The first two are done deals and I plan to outlast the third.
>
> BTW How will future dictionaries describe the word archaic when it's
> too
> old to be used anymore?
>
> Ron N

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!