piano purchase

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:20:39 EDT

Excuse me if someone has already mentioned that the Steinway choice should be
the Model L (5'10&1/2") not the 5' 7" Model M. Different beast, much more
piano. I was going to stay out of the preferences thing (they are all three
fine pianos), but no one has spoken up for the Steinway, and it absolutely
should be in the mix. Granted that it is less likely than the Yamaha to be
"ready to roll" right out of the crate, and you need an experienced
technician to bring out its best; but when properly prepared, what a sound,
what a unique tonal character, what a delicious variety of tone colors.
Bob Davis