Bass string makers

Roger C Hayden rchayden2@juno.com
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:51:04 -0400

Hi Brian,

I had Dave Sanderson design and make strings for an 1872 Chickering
Concert Grand last fall.  (The same strings for this piano from a common
supplier were rumored to break.)  Anyway they were fantastic.  He
redesigned the whole scale for me.  We had expected to get a nice looking
antique grand that might play.  Instead, between the great strings and
Renner Blues, the guy is now using the piano for recording.

Roger Hayden RPT

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 19:05:02 -0400 "Brian Trout" <btrout@desupernet.net>
writes:
> Hi List,
>
> I recently became aware of a company that I can't remember seeing
> advertised
> anywhere, in the journal or otherwise.
>
> The name is:     Arledge Precision Wound Strings
>
> Anyone else ever heard of them?  Ever used their services?
>
> I would be interested in your thoughts on quality.  (To my way of
> thinking,
> after spending several thousand dollars on parts for a top notch
> rebuild, I
> don't want to save fifty or even a hundred bucks to put on a cheap
> set of
> bass strings.  I want the best I can buy.)  If you've ordered from a
> number
> of the 'guru' string makers and have a found that you like a certain
> one, I
> would also like to know who they are.  I know of several that are
> good.  I'm
> looking for the best.
>
> If you think it would be more appropriate, feel free to respond to
> me
> privately.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian Trout