Another Recital in 1/7 Comma Meantone

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:24:03 -0500

Hi Mike,

    Interesting comments. We have a very good jazz program here and I'd
be very interested in trying to explore this with them.
    I don't have my SAT book with me here at home, but aren't there offsets
in that to tune Meantone? (At the risk of needing a flame suit to even
mention such heresy!) :-)
    Have you used Meantone there? If so, what had been the reaction. I'd
really be interested in hearing your comments.
    Thanks.

Avery

       Though meantone is the genre of the early baroque, it has much to offer