Grand hammer tail shape.

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:47:02 -0400

The purpose of tapering hammers is to reduce weight, nothing more.
What is important to me is to perfect and exact tapering on each
hammer.  Spurlock makes a tapering jig for use on a table saw which
is what I used myself but of my own fabrication.

It seems hammer width is critical for controlling hammer weight so
tapering full length is desirable and a table saw is the only way
to go for this, I have tried everything else with varying degrees
of success.

Have a SHARP blade.

		Newton