District of Columbia

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:01:01 -0400

>Patrick what kind of money is needed for the subway quarters , paper bills?
>Pat

I *think* (I last stayed at the Crystal City Hyatt about 10 years
ago) it's like the SF BART; you insert bills & coins into a dispenser
to get a card with a magnetic strip. You run the card through when
you enter & depart & the appropriate amount is charged off. The
subway (they have some upbeat acronym) has stops close to the museums
(Piano 300 at the Smithsonian, and I plan to spend alot of time at
the Frier & Sackler Museums too).

Patrick