Terry P., "Pennysaver" ads

Wallace Scherer p003520b@pb.seflin.org
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:25:14 -0400 (EDT)

Terry,
When I lived in Virginia, I would often run an ad in the area "Trading
Post", a weekly buy and sell newspaper carried at most grocery and drug
stores. A small ad cost me $11 a month (four issues). It would usually
bring in a job every month or two, so that was somewhat worth the
expense, especially if the customer proved to be a regular.

The paper was well used by the public and well organized, not a
hit-and-miss layout like the Pennysavers tend to be. I have tried other
newspaper type ads, but none has paid for itself.

Wally Scherer
Lake Worth, FL

Send e-mail to: WallyTS@iname.com or
p003520b@pb.seflin.org