FRONT RAIL KEYPIN SHAPE

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:25:27 -0700

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:07:32 -0500 Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
writes:
> >The real question is, why aren't all balance pins oblong at the top?
>
> Hi Clark, good question. Why not?

Because  the balance rail pin sweeps the surface of the bushing in a
forward-aft arc.  The front rail in an up-down arc which concentrates the
wear in a smaller area.

As to the rest of this, Ron,   I'm pretty much with you for the parts
that I _think_ I understand.

Dale F

> >Disgruntled,
> >
> >Clark
>
> Ah, there we are. We could all use a good thorough re-gruntling from
> time
> to time. Surely someone will post us a url to the on-line gruntler.
>
> Ron N

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.