Age

Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:02:57 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: John Ross <piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: April 19, 2000 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: Age

> 62, in my 26th. year. Wish I had started properly, with a good school
> course. That way I would be able to feel confident, in being able to
> tune aurally, without an ETD.

56.  Started when I was 17 with time out for my Big Uncle.

Sure glad I didn't start out properly with a good school course.  Since I
was never taught the 'right way' to do things I pretty much had to figure
them out for myself.  I used the early designers and builders as my
teachers.  Some of them were really pretty good at what they did.  They are
all around us and they charge only what you are willing to pay.

I did have teachers when it came to tuning, however.  Emil Fries and Ken
Serviss.  They did their best...

Del
Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Designer & Builder