age

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:16:20 -0500

Hi Y'all,
	 I'm still the gnew guy on the list. This is one of my best discoveries
of the new year. Thanks for being in the ether.
	I never had a problem being allowed in to tune on account of my looks
even though I haven't shaved since I was about 21 and my pony tail
hasn't changed either. All my work is by word of mouth. It's the best.
You never have to worry about what they may think of you.
	Since about 1980 when I started tuning the same old upright that I
played on everyday until about a year later when I figured I was worth
some money for what I could do, I've gradually become more & more
involved in these fixed pitch instruments. I'll be 47 soon.
	I dream of the temperament which is to come. The perfect temperament
that everyone will love and tune with satisfaction....and singers and
fiddle players will all perform with great confidence and all will be
right with the world......... oh well....just a wakeful night dream.
	Thanks to Ed Foote for sending the Coleman 11 even if I will have to do
some figuring to get to the beat rates. So is there a short cut? In
other words do you have it for tuning by beats? The only electronic
tuner I have is an old Widener with LEDs and computer punch cards (which
is quite accurate but nothing like the cybertuner). Aural tuning rules.
			Dan Jackson/no organizational attachments
			Wmbg VA