An observation - a prediction - somewhat off-topic

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:33:51 EDT

<<It's true though, some of us took a while deciding what we wanted to be
when we grew up, some decided fairly early, some still haven't decided, and
the rest simply refuse to consider growing up altogether (hands?).
Ron N>>

Phil;
  My hand is held high on Rons last point...............For some reason
tuning has always seemd to draw a 'large' proportion of latter day job
seekers to its fold...why I don't know but some reasons might be: hunting for
something to supplement an expense or savings plan for the future, it is seen
as somethng that can be started realtively inexpensively equipment wise, not
suited to the stressful atmosphere of Corporate life or just fed up with it,
unable to work under supervision (don't laugh at this one y'all), seeking
after many years to find something that is more rewarding than just punching
the time clock, etc., etc................ It seems sometimes that the most
popular ages to get into tuning are between thirty-five and fourty-five (do I
hear midlife crisis folk?)  Also there is a goodly number of folk who are
continuing their present real-life job while working their way into tuning
and some of these decide that tuning is what they want to do exclusively and
the rest continue tuning after retirement................
 So I guess what I am saying is that 'new' tuners, in my experience, have
been mostly in the middle aged or later category so it isn't surprising at
all to me that there appears to be a huge bulge in the thirty-five to
fifty-five year ranges.......
My thoughts.
Jim Bryant (FL)