Soundboards

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:09:54 -0400

> They dried them down to nothing ....  But, they didn't
> crown and now one could figure out why.

Del, I find this incomprehensible.   Even _I_ know that plywood
doesn't swell or shrink like a solid board.  Talk about
stupidity!!  God have mercy on us all!

Bosendorfer made a 7'4" with a laminated board and the only
difference was that it did not have quite the volume of the solid
board.  I think even they did not compensate for the differences in
load bearing ability and stringing compression.  I don't think you
can make one of and expect to get the same results as 200 years of
experiences have taught us.

Changing to a laminated board is a whole new ball game entirely,
like bass ball and bowling.  What would be needed is a removable
soundboard like Dr. Kent had during his and Jim's researches.

		Newton