soundboard?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:52:02 -0500

><<It is impossible to win an argument with Ron but it is so much fun>>
>
>Newton;
> Ron doesn't "argue" Him discusses alternative views leading to subjective
>conclusions based on internal processing of offered opinion and inflowing
>facts, fiction and on the odd occasion fantasy!! :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Alright you guys, I'm just trying to keep the technical information clean
and reasonably in line with the basic physics. You can chalk it up to Old
Uncle Ron's eccentricity all you like, but... When an offered answer is
just plain incorrect, someone has been taught something that just ain't so,
and we all know by now that once ANYTHING has been accepted as true and
learned, it's carved in the internal stone of our cranial fantasy processor
and granite mine, and will be passed on like the flu forevermore with no
hope of ever having it corrected. In these instances, the source almost
always has far more validity than the demonstrated truth of the
information. How many times have you seen or heard from people that are
doing something the way they were "taught", and have no idea whatsoever why
it doesn't work, or what to do about it? When it does work, they aren't
interested in why, but that's the part they really need to know for those
times when it doesn't. Since I don't have any built in credibility, I don't
see any horrible problem with trying to clarify misinformation from those
who do, as well as others who don't, and I've cleared up (for myself) an
enormous amount of the misinformational nonsense I've "learned" from others
simply by challenging conflicting claims as they compare to physically
proven concepts.

Being a crank has gotten me into more interesting areas than prudent,
conventional, and reasonable folks ever see, and I'm a very long way from
being finished, especially with repeated backtracking. We can discuss
opinions and subjective stuff all day , picking each other to pieces and
having a great time of it  without anyone being either right or wrong, but
physics isn't all that negotiable. If we're going to sit around and defer
to one another as venerable old souls all, without regard to the accuracy
of the technical information, we'd just as well pack it in and go back to
tapping strings on bridges as a universal cure-all and never learning
anything else.

Yes guys, that's a rant, but don't take my word for it.

Ron N