soundboard?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 18:19:49 -0400

Dear List,

Ron wrote:

> When an offered answer is just plain incorrect,
> someone has been taught something that just ain't so,

I have to agree and admit that I am likely one of the best in
promulgating technological inexactitudes.  I was taught a lot of
wrong information, I have assumed much that I was unable to observe
directly and, unfortunately enough, I have been in a position of
trust as a teacher that I have passed on such misinformation.

I do, when smart enough, change my mind and change a whole chain of
"knowledge" when I am shown to be in error (usually at the far end
of a bat).  I have been known to be pretty stupid at time as well
as more than a little stubborn.

Ron is one of our greatest treasures, a treasure of information, a
treasure of openness and a treasure of warmth and friendship.

There are others on this list of the same ilk and I have to admit
that I have learned more at the hands of these generous people than
I think I learned when I was in school.

> Yes guys, that's a rant, but don't take my word for it.

It was, is it, and I thank you for having said such because I need
to have my nose rubbed in it occasionally.  So, browned nosed
apologies to Ron and eternal gratitude for his having the patience
to show the errors of my ways.

Thank you Ron.

		Newton