elbow pain

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:19:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/00 4:06:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
charly_tuner@hotmail.com writes:

<< I must be accident prone! I keep banging my right elbow against the right
 inside edge of verticals when I get to the high treble,  >>

This means you are not holding the hammer right. If you are a right handed
tuner, the hammer should be held at the 1 o'clock position, or as close to
that position as possible. If you are tall enough to sit at the piano, sit at
an angle, so that your right side is up against the piano. If you are
shorter, and you need to stand, again, stand sideways so that your right side
is against the piano. If you hold the hammer at the 1 o'clock position, with
the thumb down towards the pins, and your fingers wrapped around the lever,
you will never hit your elbow against the side of the piano.

Willem