Jahn lever

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 01:32:55 -0400

John

You wrote

----- Original Message -----
From: John M. Formsma <jformsma@dixie-net.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 12:06 AM
Subject: RE: Jahn lever

> Elian,
>
> I remembered that you had an old Jahn from your father, and that it
> performed very well even though it was many years old. I took that into
> consideration before buying the Jahn from Pianotek. I figured that it
would
> still be of similar quality. So far I have not been disappointed.
>
> The lever I have is different from the picture you attached. The design is
> similar in that the head and shaft are made out of one piece of metal.
This
> gives it more stiffness than other levers. The new ones also appear to
have
> a thicker shaft than yours. The shaft is hexagonal, or six-sided, like the
> Schaff levers.
>
> Will you be able to attend the 2000 conventions? If so, you will likely
see
> the lever at the Pianotek table. If you are able to come, then perhaps you
> can bring your Jahn to compare it with the new ones.
>
> John Formsma
> Blue Mountain, MS

I am sure that after so many years they must have changed everything,
specially the shape. In the past no factory gave much thougt to style, Now a
day they do not only look for styling but also they are designing in ways of
making the tools comfortable to use.  my hope is they did not change the
quality and durability, if they mantained these parameters and added confort
for the technician, they certainly improved the tool.

Keep me informed on how do you feel it performs

Elian

I do not think I shall be able to attend the 2000 convention