stringing

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:28:52 -0500

I'd appreciate some discussion of removal of tuning pins prior to
restringing.  I've been told to pull them fast, as with an electric
drill, but that scorches the hole, and I've been told to pull them
slowly, as with a tuning hammer, but that causes wear through flagpoling.
  Each seems to have its advantages and disadvantages.  The piano in
question is an old upright with is to be strung, refinished, and the
action refurbished to some degree.  Thanks for any help.
les bartlett
houston
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.