Embarrassing Moments

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:12:16 -0400

As this story will illustrate, I've not been embarrassed very much; this is
probably the worst.  I arrived at the upscale house to tune.  No one was
home.  I tried the door, which people sometimes leave unlocked for me.  It
was unlocked, but as soon as I opened it a foot or so the intruder alert
alarm informed the whole neighborhood.  Not knowing quite what to do, I
decided just to wait outside to see what would happen.  The cops arrived
shortly and the embarrassed owner a little later.  He had forgot I was
coming, set the alarm and actually thought all doors were locked.  After
everything was straightened out I went in and tuned the piano.

Clyde