Time Machine.

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:24:37 -0400

But how then would we learn the amateur's creative ways of repairing the piano?
Such as what I found in an old upright yesterday....
     When a hammer shank breaks, take a short length of 1/2" dowel, drill a hole
through it lengthwise to accept both broken ends.  Never mind if the shank won't
rest on the hammer rail properly.
     So the ears are broken off a couple jacks.  A well-placed  and glued rubber
band does the trick.
     The piano was an absolute disaster which I hope never to see again.

Regards,
Clyde