another battery question SAT

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 02:14:03 -0300

> JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:
>
> >  It has been several months since I last used my SAT. Last night I pulled it
> > out to use and it had the LO BAT notice in both windows. It would display lo batt.

Hi Jim,
Info for future reference.
The SAT uses the rechargeable battery for it's main power source.
Every time it is switched on, it charges a capacitor, which is used as a
power source to keep the memory on the RAM. When this capacitor charge
is used up, the power for the memory comes from a small disc battery.
The disc battery can get used up, and go flat, then you have lost your
memory and the unit will have to go back to be reprogrammed.
So every week, just turn it on and let it charge the capacitor.
The SAT lll, has a flash memory, so does not need the battery power to
keep it's memory.
I think this is how it was explained to me, when I lost my memory, on my
spare SAT, which I kept without using, and it's battery went flat.
Oh, oh, I just noticed that you said lo batt, so if this is a SAT lll,
the above may not apply.
Regards,
John M. Ross