tool bag

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:18:59 -0700

Hey I'm with you, the less the better, but this is what I carry without
putting too much time into figuring it out perfectly.  I guess over time a
tool I have needed stays in the kit.  As you say, a judgement call.  What
would you remove besides the glue, lube etc, which by the way, are in a
baggy to guard against spillage?  I would hate to have to go back to the car
for a regulating tool.  They don't weigh much or take up much room which of
course is the crux of the problem.  Most of what we could carry around
doesn't weigh much no its own but the combination of all those little oz.
add up.

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of pryan2
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2000 12:30 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: tool bag

David,

I think you have too many tools that you will probably not need on most
routine tuning/service  jobs, but this is a judgment call.  The items that I
would NOT include in this bag would be the glues and liquid/powder
lubricants.  I had a incident where the Elmers glue opened and stuck all my
tools, strip mutes etc.  together.  What a mess and expense to replace them.
I always carry glues and lubricants in a separate container.

Phil Ryan
Miami Beach