5049 Messages

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:31:45 -0400

Ron N. wrote

>The "problem" was the "Leave mail on Server" setting. It did just what you
>asked it to do - left the mail on the server even when you downloaded it.

I know that now.

>When you cancelled the setting, you released all that mail for download
>(again) and deletion from the server.

But I didn't cancel anything until after I saw 5049 messages and posted it to the list. Then, and only then, did I realize that I couldn;'t receive any responses to my question until I downloaded all messages-- six hours worth. I was tempted to re-post, leaving my toll free number..... but then, my computer was on the phone.

>The alternative is to just download
>EVERYTHING and *not* leave it on the server. Once you have it in your
>computer, bulk delete everything up to where you haven't read and you're in
>business. As long as you leave that "Leave mail" setting un-set, it won't
>happen again. I promise.
>
>Ron N

And I've done just that, hoping you are right. One thing's for sure, it's running real good just now.

Many thanks, Ron and all.

John Lillico, RPT.
Oakville, ON  Canada