Broadwood

Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:00:13 +0100

Hi list.

Well, I had a chance finally to have a look at this old Broadwood. Looks to
be in pretty good shape really. A few small cracks in the soundboard and
pinblock but nothing serious. Case is dinged up a bit but in pretty good
shape as well. All the origional action parts are there, but the hammer and
damper felt have had it.

By first look over, this would appear to be a prime candidate for an
authentic restoration job... ie museum definition of restoration, while
having very good chances for being made very playable as well.

Cant find the serial number so if any of you can tell me where to look for
it I would be happy. I will see if I can borrow my sons digital camera and
take a few pictures for anyone interested.

Also need advice as to what to do about the hammers. I suppose they should
be re-felted, instead of getting new ones. Stephen Birkett... you out there
??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.