SAT II pitch raises

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Dec 2000 16:22:40 -0800

I do many P.raises each week as a floor tuner, tuning mosly newer and some
older pianos. I ALWAYS enter the overpull % manually, and also re-enter, or
at least check to see if more is needed as i progress upward into the
treble, where it is almost always flatter. For instance, if f5 is 30 C flat,
then I add a +10 C overpull. I NEVER let the SAT dictate the % of overpull
as it is rarely enough, just as the stretch in the treble (as input from the
FAC mode) is usually not enough, and I end up adding more stretch manually.

Terry Peterson
Associate Member PTG
Los Angeles, CA