Burnout/another thought on this

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:49:43 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2000 2:17:29 PM Mid-Atlantic Standard Time,
Ray@Bentley.net writes:

> I regularly tell people that there are two main reasons I love working on
> their pianos.  The piano is only one reason:  the wonderful people I meet
> are the other.  There are many people who wish to visit the entire time I'm
> working on their piano.  I never discourage this.  I just continue to work
> while they chatter.  It does us both a lot of good.

I might add to this:  I agree with all of the above and the following :  As I
progressed with my family, we always had two or three dogs in the house too.
As t he kids grew up and moved out on their own, my wife and I began
traveling a lot and so could no longer be "tied" down by having to care for
pets.  We also never wanted to have to board them in a vet's hospital.  So
the bonus to me in my piano tuning career, is that I get to visit all these
homes with dogs (and sometimes cats).  I can play with them,and like
Grandchildren, can then leave without having any responsibilities.  I like
that part a lot.  I wish there was a "Rent-A-Pet" company out there somewhere
so that you could rent a pet for a weekend, and then just turn them back
in-no responsibilites.  So the piano business gives me that little extra
bonus- in addition to meeting the wonderful people with whom you come in
contact.

Just another thought.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio