Re. I've got an idea

Kevin E. Ramsey RPT ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 07:28:39 -0800

    Martin. Recording a temperament, as you suggest would be easy. One thing
here though; you're tuning around the cycle of fifths. As you have said in
the past, you have to get all the way through before you find out if you're
doing it right.
    I would suggest immediately getting the instructions for one of the
better temperaments; Baldassin comes to mind. George Defebauh had one that
was easy to use. Coleman had a good one.  Check the archives, I guess. Maybe
someone has a copy in their computer that they can send to you.
    Oh course, you can get all this stuff when you become a member. I think
that the most difficult temperament to learn is a truly "equal" temperament.
I would learn that first, because that is what you'll be tested on, if you
ever take the RPT challenge. Historical Temperaments are kind of like your
post-graduate work.
Kevin E. Ramsey, R.P.T.
Phoenix, Arizona
ramsey@extremezone.com