Improvised,old,"non-dammp-chaser"dehumidification.

Ron Lindquist ronli@newnorth.net
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 15:23:49 -0600

At 10:55 AM 12/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
>No cottage, but it was in a storage warehouse for a couple years.
>I would agree with a low wattage being useful in summer.
>The collective 120W installed, without control seemed a little much.
>
>The current owner has no instructions about when, or if to use it.
>They wanted to know if they should leave it plugged in all the time, all year.
>Even a proper Damp-Chaser, used improperly, can be worse then none
>at all. Since this system has no control device, the client would have to be
>informed and on top of it.
>
>                                                      Cheers
>                                                      Dave Renaud
>                                                      RPT
>                                                      Ottawa-Hull
>

>Marcel Carey wrote:
>
> > Was this piano ever in a cottage situation? I used to advise people too
> poor
> > to buy dampp chasers to use this system. I would advise them to plug the
> > system only in the summer though and I usually advised for only 60watts.
> > As far as the hairline cracks, the Lesage are famous for that. If you look
> > closely, you will notice that the maple they used for pinblock was not
> > quarter sawn wich caused a lot of cracks in the pinblock area.
> >
> > Marcel Carey
> > Marcel Carey, accordeur technicien
> > (819) 564-0447

Dave,

Will work but no control.    DAMAGE     Are you more than 5 miles from the
piano  ?     Then You are the expert.    I see this BS a lot.    We
need   a less expensive Humid astate   with better   sensitivity.

Merry Holiday  +