1980 Mason Hamlin BB

BopPiano@AOL.COM BopPiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:11:38 EST

Ron,

My problem with the wippins is simply in the design.  The condition of the
ones on my customer's piano are really quite good.  Unfortunately, the
butterfly spring type (WNG) isn't a simple replacement .  The tone of this
piano as it is really is clangy - the owner is relying on my  opinion as to
whether putting this work into this piano is the best route to go or is the
inherent character of the thing going to limit it to the mediocre.   If I try
to make it into a keeper it would be real nice to have a better action.

GF

.