Hammer Boring Problem

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:41:45 -0600

No post since the 25th John...  What'd you end up doing?  How'd it go?

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of John Ross
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2000 12:14 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Hammer Boring Problem

Hi List,
I have a problem. The hammers I am installing, were supposed to
have a length of bore, that tapered from #54 to #88. They were
supposed to be about 1/4" less at #88.
I am supposed to have the action back to the customer on the
28th. Dec. I never thought on checking the hammers, when they
arrived from the supplier, since I have never had a problem before.
I should have followed Newton's suggestion, and supplied the
measurements.
I do not have a jig. Is it possible for me to make something, that
would allow me to do a passable job? I have a drill press, and a
travelling vice.
Any suggestions, would be appreciated.
The 1/4" discrepancy is just too much.
Regards,