Prepping new pianos

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 02:30:42 +0000

Hi Rob,

let me first say that I like your information on Corfam/Eczaine replacement
(available at his web site).  Thanks.

You say teflon powder on knuckles.

Iīve tried teflon spray and the jack/knuckle started squeaking
awfully.  Iīve tried it many times.  Then I finally stopped trying that and
switched over to Protek, which works fine.
Protek has also cleared any squeaking in the guides, but I havenīt had
trouble with Samicks in such a way that they were hampering the dampers,
except in one case where I just reamed the guide.

Also, a question;

Is there anything bad that can happen if you use Protek on the same surface
as you used teflon on before?

Best regards,

Kristinn