moisture in wool or wood. was Re: When to do it

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:15:07 EST

Wim wrote:
<<"Is it the wood around the bushings that swell to tighten the center,
or is it the wool that expands that causes the problem?">>

Wim;
 In my opinion it is the swelling of the wood which causes the 'tight' center
and not any swelling of the felt.
Rotary cutter board :-)... several different thicknesses and widths and types
of felt. I measured, cut,  and placed them on exact lines. I have soaked them
so that they are moist but not wringing wet. I am going to leave them there
overnight to allow any "swelling" to happen and measure them again in the
morning.....I'll letcha know.
Jim Bryant (FL)