Vertical Hammer Hanging Fixture

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:33:05 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2000 10:28:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lawsonic@global.co.za writes:

> Hi, I was taught to just use a straight edge and trial hammers at each end
> of each section.
> - whatever works for you I guess.
>
> > Listees----   Would appreciate hearing about  which hammer hanging
> fixtures
> > are the best.  Or if it's not necessary.  Have installed hammers with out
> > one in the past and learned how to do it better but was wondering if there
> > is  a better way.
> >
> > Thanks for your input.   Keep warm   -23 F. this mourning here.
>
>     - mourning, as in deathly cold?

Straight edge and end hammers is a good technique.  I go one step further and
remove every other hammer.  I.E. numbers 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.  Then install
1,3,7,9, etc.  This gives you  an excellent visual reference since the
hammers on each side of the one you are installing are the original.

After installing the "odd hammers" I go back remove the old "even hammers"
and install new.

Straight edge and end hammers will work, but I like the security of closer
reference.

Happy New Year to all

Dick Day
Marshall MI