Stripper

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:45:14 -0500

Greg,
I'm sure your product works like lightening but I have known Arthur for
many years
and his main concern is for safety; volatile chemical exposure, that is.

Arthur is well aware of the products on the market and may have opted not to
test your brand for the amount of one or more of these ingredients: methylene
chloride, toluene, methanol.

A slower acting product is a fair trade for one which is more hazardous.

If you re-read his post, another concern was viscosity. Dyna 2 being a
thick paste
will cling to the side of the case, whereas Klean Kutter will just run down
dripping
all over the place requiring multiple applications. This can be problematic
when
stripping the interior of the case to keep the sound board from being
affected. I
wouldn't like to create a mess like this and would prefer to have a
controlled substance.
A controllable substance, I mean  :-)  Actually, I don't like chemical
strippers at all and scrape.

Toxicity is Arthur's foremost concern, product performance being a close
second.

Besides, what's wrong with leaving the stripper on for an hour? It'll
probably take
a while to cover the case, legs, music rack, etc; so by the time you get
them all
covered it's time to start at the beginning to scrape down and wash. While one
side of the lid is being dissolved, you can be sanding a leg.  There's always
something to do, even if it's just sitting back and watching it work.

Safety First,

Jon Page