Yamaha C7 Value

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:35:26 -0400

Hi List. I just was presented with an opportunity to either help sell or buy
outright a 10 year old satin ebony Yamaha C7. A 30ish woman has owned it
since new and has had it tuned (serviced?) regularly. All indications are it
is in VERY good condition. It is currently in storage (she moved into an
apartment) and she may sell it for near wholesale cost (does not want the
hassle of selling it privately).

I am looking for 4 values (or ranges). I have some ideas, but I do not deal
often with big, newer pianos :-(, so any good input would be appreciated.

1.  Cost today new (new Yamaha C7) -

2.  Used dealer selling price (price a piano dealer would ask/sell the 10
y.o. Yamaha C7 for) -

3.  Used private sale selling price (like if the owner were to sell it
through an ad in the local newspaper) -

4.  Used wholesale value (price dealer would pay for it) -

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com