Mice In The Piano.

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 23:04:08 -0700

Jim,
	the active ingredient in d-con is Warfarin Sodium.  Also known as
Coumadin.  A common anticoagulant given to people with clotting problems,
 artificial heart valves,  embolisms, TIA's,  heart attack histories,
etc.  Doubt if your kids would eat it or if they could get a fatal dose
from a handful.   However,  Warfarin reacts with so many other common
drugs that small amounts of it could cause potentially serious problems,
so probably best kept away from the kidlets. Rodents,  on the other hand,
 bleed to death with a full tummy.  Hope your not eating.  Just thought
you might like to know,  it's not poison in the general sense of the
word.

Dale Fox

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:08:30 -0400 "Jim Dally" <jdally@knox.net> writes:
> We used DCon in our house;  one day we found a nice pile of it in a
> sofa......brought in by the mice for future eating.  That was the
> last of
> the DCon use for us.

  They *WILL* get in, even if they have to
> teleport,
> > they'll eat the D-Con first, and will tend to lose enthusiasm for
> bridle
> > straps and key buttons as they become distracted by the process of
> dying
> > horribly by poisoning.
> >
> > It's a pretty tough point to argue.
> >

> > Ron N