M Schulz Player

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:58:51 -0500

List

I was asked by a local restaurant to install a power unit (pump thingee) =
in their recently acquired M. Schulz player. I checked the player over =
and replaced some tubing and have it working-sort of.  My diagnostic =
skills are limited ( Aeolian factory training in the 80's),which I've =
explained to them, but there is no one in this area to take the job. The =
player works but is very weak, with many notes not hitting. I have set =
the speed control to zero to see if the reservoir holds and it takes =
about 5 seconds for the bellows to relax. Reblitz book indicates that a =
good reservoir will take up to a minute to completely empty. The owners =
are just interested in getting to work so customers can enjoy it. I =
don't think they can afford to have major work done at this time. Will =
it work to install the powered pump and a rewind unit for now and =
anticipate other repairs, or am I headed for a lot of trouble. Is there =
something simple I've over looked?=20

Paul Chick